Melanie Swan is a Womb Medicine Woman.
She helps women to heal their metaphysical Womb – The Epicentre of Empowerment – dissolve old conditioning and reclaim their True Feminine and Masculine nature; to become whole, independent yet interconnected, Sovereign Beings.
Melanie guides women on how to use the menstrual cycle as a natural Spiritual Pathway, and is dedicated to Birthing New Consciousness for our current times through The Sacred Womb website and Podcast, The Red Temple, and The Womb Medicine Woman Training™.
With 17 years of professional therapy training and experience, natural Shamanic abilities and own personal healing and awakening of The Sacred Womb centre I have come to utilise my menstrual cycle as a pathway of independent transformation and a direct source of wisdom.
It’s an absolute pleasure to bring to my fellow Sisters what I feel we intrinsically know but have forgotten;
that our natural spiritual pathway is encoded within our body.
Here are the main ‘things’ I’ve done over the years, in no particular order, to get me here:
- PGDiploma in Dramatherapy.
- Sweat Lodges, Shamanic Ceremonies and camps in nature.
- Diploma Business and Marketing
During my 20’s I worked in marketing for 5 years, featuring some very fetching power suits!
- Child, Family & Systems Therapist for Social Services and Barnardo’s UK.
- Global Professional Therapeutic practice for the last 10 years.
- Solo traveled (and did healing work along the way) through India, Nepal, South East Asia,
settling in Thailand for 2 years.
- Set up and ran a franchise of The Chicken Shed Theatre
- Married my Partner Oliver
I have to consistently look deep inside to live a fruitful, respectful, self-growth orientated marriage!
My relationship is also a natural pathway of growth and transformation.
- Worked a ski season and snowboarded the french alps for 4 months.
Breaking through a layer of childhood conditioning, whilst having a blast.
- Acting & performing in many stage plays and drama festivals until my early 20’s, with training from LAMDA.
- Years of one to one therapy, group therapy, numerous bodywork methods, and y’know, LIFE and all it brings!
It’s a privilege to have birthed this resource, and I’m thankful for the support of some very insightful Medicine friends, and of course Mother Nature. The foundations of this site were birthed whilst staying in my homeland of England, during the Autumn/Winter of 2014 in Totnes.
This space has, and continues to be an expansive learning and loving process for me. I hope it is of use to you.
May we all inspire and empower each other.
With love, Melanie. x