Melanie Swan is a Womb Medicine Woman.
She helps women to heal their metaphysical Womb – The Epicentre of Empowerment – dissolve old conditioning and reclaim their True Feminine and Masculine nature; to become whole, independent yet interconnected, Sovereign Beings.
Melanie guides women on how to use the menstrual cycle as a natural Spiritual Pathway, and is dedicated to Birthing New Consciousness for our current times through The Sacred Womb Podcast, The Personal Almanac, Birth Recalibration™ and The Womb Medicine Woman Training™.
After a decade of traveling and developing this work, she now lives in the market town of St. Neots in Cambridgeshire, UK with her partner Oliver.
With 18 years of professional therapy training and experience, natural Shamanic abilities and own personal healing and awakening of The Sacred Womb centre I have come to utilise my menstrual cycle as a pathway of independent transformation and a direct source of wisdom.
It’s an absolute pleasure to bring to my fellow Sisters what I feel we intrinsically know but have forgotten;
that our natural spiritual pathway is encoded within our body.
Here are the main ‘things’ I’ve done over the years,
- PGDiploma in Dramatherapy from The University of Derby.
- Sweat Lodges, Shamanic Ceremonies and camps in nature.
- Diploma Business and Marketing
During my 20’s I worked in marketing for 5 years, featuring some very fetching power suits!
- Child, Family & Systems Therapist for Bristol Social Services and Barnardo’s UK.
- Supervision in Psychotherapy short-course at CCPE.
- Global Professional Therapeutic practice for the last 10 years.
- Solo traveled (and did healing work along the way) through India, Nepal, South East Asia,
settling in Thailand for 2.5 years.
- Set up and ran a franchise of The Chicken Shed Theatre Company
- Married my Partner Oliver
I have to consistently look deep inside to live a fruitful, respectful, self-growth orientated marriage.
My relationship is also a natural pathway of growth and transformation.
- Worked a ski season and snowboarded the french alps for 4 months.
- Acting & performing in many stage plays and drama festivals until my early 20’s, with training from LAMDA.
- Years of one to one therapy, 2 years of group therapy, numerous bodywork methods, and LIFE and all it brings!
My work has evolved with the help, support and influence of some key people and their bodies of work. They include;
Body-centered psychotherapy and Dramatheapy, Somatic Experiencing from Peter Levine, the life changing information and healing protocols of Anthony William; Medical Medium, Jayson Gaddis; The Relationship School, Christian Pankhurst; Heart IQ, Arnold Mindell; Process Oriented Therapy, Irvine Yalom; Group Psychotherapy and my dear friend Bethlehem who is now in Spirit.
It’s a privilege to have birthed this resource, and I’m thankful for the support of some very insightful Medicine friends, and of course Mother Nature. The foundations of this site were birthed whilst staying in my homeland of England, during the Autumn/Winter of 2014 in Totnes.
This space has, and continues to be an expansive learning and loving process for me. I hope it is of use to you.
May we all inspire and empower each other.
With love, Melanie. x