Melanie Swan is an internationally renowned expert in the menstrual cycle and working with the consciousness of The Womb.
Before becoming a trauma and womb specialist, Melanie worked in marketing and as a Dramatherapist. She spent a fabulous few years training with her dear friend Bethlehem, a grounded Medicine Man who helped her to remember how to walk in beauty.
Originally from the UK, she has travelled extensively and now lives in Chiang Mai – a gorgeous green city in northern Thailand, with her two enchanting cats, Sophia and Lyra.
She’s currently writing her first book The Sacred Womb, which is, at its core, a handbook for the empowerment of womankind. It redirects women from looking outside of themselves for their truth, to a re-Source within that is divinely designed. The Womb. Due to be available in late 2024.
BACKGROUND AND TRAININING
- CRM® Comprehensive Resource Model (trauma treatment) Basic training, Adult Self, Core Self & Gestational Healing, Generational & Past Life Healing, Somatic Dissociation & Treatment of dissociation & DID/DDNOS.
- DBR: Deep Brain Reorienting with Dr. Frank Corrigan
- HCPC Registered Dramatherapist
- Current & ongoing personal work in CRM®
- Regular & ongoing 1:1 consultation/mentoring in CRM®.
- Over 13 years of one to one personal therapy & healing, 2 years of group therapy, numerous bodywork modalities inc. shiatsu, cranio sacral therapy and biodynamic massage.
- RAP (Relationship As Path) Course, The Relationship School.
- International freelance practice for the last 14 years.
- Solo traveled (and did shamanic/menstrual cycle coaching along the way) through India, Nepal, South East Asia, settling in Thailand for 2.5 years.
- Worked a ski season and snowboarded the french alps for 4 months.
- Sweat Lodges, Shamanic Ceremonies, working with Spirit Animals, shamanic journeying & camps in nature.
- Supervision in Psychotherapy at CCPE.
- Child, Family & Systems Therapist for Bristol Social Services and Barnardo’s UK.
- Set up and ran a franchise of The Chicken Shed Theatre Company
- 2002 – 2004 PGDiploma in Dramatherapy from The University of Derby.
- HND and post grad studies in business & marketing –
During my 20’s I worked in marketing for 5 years, featuring some very fetching power suits!
- Acting & performing in many plays and drama festivals until my early 20’s, with training from LAMDA.
My work has evolved with the help, support and influence of some key people and their bodies of work. They include;
Body-centered psychotherapy and Dramatherapy, The Comprehensive Resource Model® with Lisa Schwartz and Elisa Elkin-Cleary. Somatic Experiencing from Peter Levine, the life changing information and healing protocols of Anthony William; Medical Medium, Jayson Gaddis; The Relationship School, Christian Pankhurst; Heart IQ, Arnold Mindell; Process Oriented Therapy, Irvine Yalom; Group Psychotherapy and my dear friend Bethlehem who now walks the blue road of Spirit.
It’s a privilege to have birthed this resource, and I’m thankful for the support of some very insightful Medicine friends, and of course The Great Mother. The foundations of this site were birthed whilst staying in my homeland of England, during the Autumn/Winter of 2014 in Totnes.
This space has, and continues to be an expansive learning and loving process for me. I hope it is of use to you.
May we all inspire and empower each other.
With love, Melanie. x