The menstrual cycle is not something that’s disconnected from the rest of our health and thus can’t be treated in a disconnected manner.
These are some of the key things I do to support the health of my menstrual cycle. I’m not a nutritionist, so I’m not giving health/food advice here, what I am doing is sharing what I’ve learnt over the years of working with my cycle – and this is what works for me.
To take care of and support my overall health and the health of my menstrual cycle I:
- Don’t focus on hormones
- Focus on liver health
- Don’t eat eggs, dairy, meat, soy, corn or canola oil
- Get the heavy metals out of my body
- Use natural skincare, menstrual products, cleaning products and perfumes
- Support my immune system & overall health
- Eat loads of fruit
- Heal emotional stress & trauma