‘The decision to go no-contact with a family member is a deeply personal one.
For some of us, healing the mother wound is possible while staying connected to your mother. In this scenario the healing actually creates a new, deeper connection between mother and daughter.
But for some of us, it’s impossible to heal ourselves and remain in connection with our mothers.’
Bethany Webster joins us to discuss her article Navigating “No-Contact”: When Estrangement from Your Mother is the Healthiest Choice.
Bethany talks us through;
- Why it’s still considered taboo to be estranged from our Mother
- What can lead to estrangement and how it can be a sign of healthy personal growth
- The grief that comes once we’ve made the decision
- The empowerment that comes once we’ve made the decision!
- Coping with those around us that are triggered by our decision
- Do we need to forgive our Mothers to truly heal?
- Why anger is the key to moving forward.
There are so many nuggets of wisdom packed into this 30 minute episode!
Bethany includes practical tips throughout to help navigate this uncertain terrain.
Her key tips are:
1. Spend more time with people who support your decision and spend less time with the people that don’t.
2. Write a list of the reasons you’ve gone no-contact so that if and when you question your decision, you can go back to why.
Bethany Webster is a writer, transformational coach, international speaker and what you could call a midwife of the heart.
Her work is focused on helping women heal the “mother wound” so that they can step into their full feminine power and potential.
In addition to writing and teaching internationally, Bethany offers online courses and a private coaching program for women leaders who desire to take a quantum leap in their leadership.