Tampons are like cigarettes for the vagina.
In this episode I discuss why tampons are so toxic to our physical and emotional health, the antidote to ‘stuff one in and get on with it’ and some amazing alternatives that promote overall health AND creativity!
- Tampons absorb natural lubrication & juices that help keep our vagina healthy.
- Tampons absorb the life force in our menstrual blood
- Tampons stunt the release of emotions and energy from the womb every month – a natural clearing that keeps the womb energetically and emotionally clear for overall health and fertility (for birthing both babies and new consciousness).
- Tampons contain plastic! AND some tampons have plastic applicators – fancy taking a gulp of one of those whilst you’re swimming in the sea!
- Tampons contain dioxins (basically, bleach – cotton does’t grow white!!)
- The chemicals that are in tampons get absorbed into our reproductive system. They are making us sick! I invite you to stick one on your mouth for a minute and see what happens!!!
- Tampons require packaging, some of which is plastic.
- There are NO ingredients listed on the box. It is not legally required – CRAZY CRAZY LAW! This keeps us in the dark. I wonder WHAT we are all numbing out to?!
- We need to keep buying tampons each month, they are not a sustainable option – buying them each month is expensive!
- Tampons allow us to check out of the menstrual process and carry on as ‘normal’ – normal being operating in a non-cyclical way.
- EVERY woman I have met or worked with that has stopped using Tampons gets a lighter flow as a result.
- Our body is trying to flush out the tampon toxins! There’s a foreign body in our body! This activates our nervous system, which affects our adrenals, which affects our menstrual cycle AND of course that affects our fertility. We bleed more when we use tampons.
- Tampons contribute to the numbing of emotions emanating from the womb, they de-sensitise the vaginal walls.
- Toxic Shock Syndrome is found in 0.8 to 4.3 per 100,000 people annually. Some are dying from this! I invite you to do your own research about this. Personally, I wouldn’t take the risk for myself or those I care for.
- Tampons stunt the expression of the voice of the womb, affecting our CREATIVITY.
If you feel unsure about the nature of tampons, I invite you to stick one in your mouth for a few minutes and feel the effects.
This is a great exercise to do whatever your gender. It’ll help give an understanding of the effects.
If you’ve been using tampons or cups regularly, or want to energise your seat of power in general then I have recorded a guided practice to help Energise The Womb Centre – which will help to increase vitality, circulation, creativity and natural juices!
WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO TAMPONS?
ORGANIC, PLASTIC-FREE TAMPONS
NatraCare do produce organic tampons, they have recyclable packaging and so if you simply MUST use tampons, I recommend you go for this brand. I used to use their menstrual pads which were lovely. There are other companies out there that produce organic tampons with no plastic packaging, however I’ve not used them so can’t make individual recommendations.
Menstrual Cups – great for catching blood for art projects and looking at the qualities of your blood – and are a good transition if you’re using tampons. Some people also like them for swimming, spa’s, yoga, performing and sports.
*However they do stunt the full flow of the blood and emotional clearing from the womb, plus they create a pull on the cervix when the vacuum is broken. ALSO menstrual cups do have to be thrown ‘away’ at some point, although they last around 5 years if you look after them.
I used to use a cup but found that the more I felt connected to my whole womb centre – my body just didn’t want one in – and I’d get cramps that went away when I took it out. I took the rather painful hint!
If you do use a cup, make sure to take it out at night to give your vagina some breathing space. If you’re unsure whether this will benefit you – simply put your hands on your womb / yoni and ask your body.
RE-USABLE COTTON PADS
These are a great option and you can even make your own. Many are organic cotton, and work ok, mostly with no leaks. I used to use Moontimes. I stopped because I felt it was time for something different, and they can feel bulky with 2 or more inserts, and they could roll around and be uncomfortable. However they are still a great option.
Period Pants! Finally, the revolution has begun! This is what I now use (my favourite are Modi Bodi…I am not paid to promote these. I just use and love them). I really wish I’d had these when I started my periods at school. I’d have felt SO much better about being on my period.
There are now lots on the market, all sorts of different colours, styles and absorbencies. Personally, I love that the absorbent part is nice and slim, it doesn’t move around or get stuck in the crevasses and they look great too. Plus, there’s no little leaks on my ‘non-period pants’.
The only downside is that the absorbent part is black, so I don’t see my blood – however I can feel how much has been released, and I see my blood when I rinse them in cold water. I have written to Modi Bodi to ask them to make a Sacred Womb version with a light coloured absorbent part. However for now, I really love them, there’s no leaks and they look and feel fantastic.
FREE BLEEDING / BLEEDING INTO THE EARTH
Sit or lie on a towel or bleed into The Earth and let the red river flow!
A gorgeous, juicy way to bleed that’s deeply releasing, connects us to our true nature and feels wild!!
WHAT EACH OF US CAN DO NOW
We – as consumers – have the power to put a stop to the production of tampons.
If everyone reading this post stops using tampons and tells 3 friends of the detrimental effects and then they stop using tampons, then those 3 people all tell 3 of their friends, a wave of awakening will start. I invite you to be part of something that changes the world. Stuff it in and get on with it is an option we can no longer afford.
Here’s to informed choices, a vibrant menstrual flow and taking care of The Earth!
Join The Facebook Group: Connect with like-hearted women, exchange support and learn more about The Sacred Womb.
Download The FREE Menstrual Cycle Tracker: A downloadable PDF to track your menstrual cycle.
Buy The Diary & Personal Almanac: An all in one appt diary, cycle tracker, moon calendar and planner.
Learn more about The Womb Medicine Woman Training™: A 2 Year Online Professional Training for women who want to deeply heal their Womb and birth new consciousness for our current times.