‘I looked in the dictionary what Menopause means and it’s cessation of Menses. And I thought, that’s a negative, it’s something that’s ending, it’s not addressing what is beginning and it’s also not addressing that there’s a transition – a transformation that’s happening.’
Bonnie joins us to talk about her book, Red Moon Passage.
Bonnie talks us through;
- Why she wrote her book
- The process of interviewing the women for her book
- Why renaming Menopause is important
- A conversation that shifted her consciousness
- A major life event that happened as she started the book!
- Tools that helped her go through her Red Moon Passage
- Tips on how to embrace our Red Moon Passage
- Rename Menopause for yourself to incorporate not only the ending, but the transition, transformation and a new beginning.
- If you’re starting or going through Menopause, get together some supportive friends and start a book club or circle in which you talk to each other, become curious and support each other.
- Develop a solid practice to connect with yourself and beyond. i.e. Meditation, mindfulness, shamanic journeying.
- Once you’ve gone through the passage, get to work in the world! share your gifts!
– About Our Guest –
Bonnie is a journalist and publisher of the medical journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. She lives in San Diego, California, with her husband and son.
She believes that we are, in essence, spiritual beings and that what we do with our lives here on earth matters not only in the here and now but also in the vast expanse of eternity.
During the course of her life, she has met a host of learned, wise and compassionate people who have expanded both her heart and mind. As a journalist she has interviewed and published many of these conversations and as a freelance writer has published many articles on such topics.