In this introduction to dissociation, Gordon talks us through:
- What is dissociation
- How do we know if we’re dissociating
- Starting to relate to what we have pushed away
- ‘Separating to connect’ & finding ways to respond to the patterns of reaction, rather than just reacting
- Low arousal dissociation and high arousal dissociation
- Why dissociation is there for a reason
- Creating a sense of safety before connecting to what was previously too much to feel (creating a mis-match)
- When and how dissociation dismantles
- A scale of dissociation and how it can manifest in daily life
- The difference between re-membering whilst present and becoming lost in the experience
- Normalising dissociation and how we can start thinking about it in our mental health systems.
ABOUT GORDON BARCLAY
Gordon Barclay was an NHS consultant psychiatrist in Argyll on the west coast of Scotland until 2019, now works privately in Glasgow and is an active CRM® Trainer and Supervisor, and has a special interest in the treatment of psychological trauma and dissociation.
Contact Gordon on email@example.com for more information and to book:
– An Introduction To Working Relationally With Dissociation,
30th October 2021.
– CRM® Basic Training Online, 1st-5th September 2021.