I had a growing respect for my womb being this beautiful vessel for creation. I wanted a steaming seat that would honour that and so I thought – I need something that looks similar to a throne!
Emma of Mamma Luna joins us to talk about Yoni steaming and how she came to make her gorgeous Yoni Steaming Thrones!
Emma talks us through
- What inspired her to make the steaming seats
- Her first prototype made out of a milk crate and polystyrene
- How to prepare the herbs to steam with
- The benefits of Yoni Steaming
- The science behind Yoni Steaming
- The importance of getting Oxygen into the pelvic area
- Herbs to use for steaming; Lavender, Camomile, Rosemary, Yarrow, Red Rose Petals (they smell amazing!) and Sage.
- The optimum time in the menstrual cycle to steam and any contraindications
- What happens in a Yoni Steaming Circle
- The important of the language we use to describe our body
Emma Ako is a Bristol-based creative practitioner (though born and raised in London), avid natural health enthusiast and keen steamer! She began her journey into Yoni health in 2014 after coming across Queen Afua’s book ‘Sacred Woman’ and is loving every moment of the journey as she found that this put her in charge of her own health and created a better relationship with her body.
She uses her creativity to solve problems and provide solutions which is how Mama Luna was born; she couldn’t afford a steam seat so made one and has gone on to use Mama Luna as a platform for women to have open and honest conversations about our Yoni health, womanhood and her favourite….EMPOWERMENT!
In short, Mama Luna is all about moving from silence, stigma and shame to rediscovering, reclaiming and redefining OUR WOMANHOOD!
Join The Facebook Group: Connect with like-hearted women, exchange support and learn more about The Sacred Womb.
Learn more about The Medicine Woman Training™: A 2 Year Online Professional Training for women who want to deeply heal their Womb and birth new consciousness for our current times.